'Have' exercises - pre-intermediate -
by Viv Quarry (www.vivquarry.com)
Write each of the following sentences twice. Using 'have got sth' and 'have sth'.
E.g. What/they/in their hands?
What have they got in their hands? What do they have in their hands?
1. How many lessons/you/a week.
2. We/not/enough time.
3. You/a car?
4. He/a problem.
5. She/a bicycle when she was a child?
Use 'have + noun' for an action to make sentences. Choose from the following expressions:
a swim / fun / a game / (for) lunch / a good time / a nice day /a shower / an argument / a dream
E.g. They are shouting a lot. ญญAre they having an argument?
1. What did you ________________________ ? A cheese sandwich.
2. ________________________ at the office? Yes, I did.
3. I ________________________ about an elephant last night!
4. Shall we ________________________ of cards tonight?
5. We ________________________ in Greece and the weather is beautiful!
6. Everyone enjoyed the party. It ________________________ !
7. Why don't you come to my house? If it's sunny we can ________________________ .
8. Where's Sue? She's upstairs ________________________ and washing her hair.